Australia from East to West via the Red Centre
There is just SO MUCH to love about this Ultimate Outback Crusade, and very few points of interest that are not included. Travelling by air, boat, four wheel drive and even on four legged creatures your experiences will be fabulous and your memories inumerable.
Soar over the Simpson Desert, Lake Eyre and the breathtaking Bungle Bungles in Purnululu National Park. Glide serenely on the Thomson River, through Katherine Gorge and the Yellow Water Billabong. Visit fascinating museums that showcase the history of Outback Australia from the Age of Dinosaurs to the story of the beginning of Qantas in Outback Queensland. Enjoy fine dining overlooking Uluru, Stockman’s ‘smoko’ and fireside tucker and some of the best ‘pub grub’ available across our vast land. Ride camels on the world renowned white sands of Cable Beach, toast the sunset on the tallest sand dune in The Simpson Desert and delve into Dreamtime as our indigenous guides provide us with insight into the local aboriginal culture and mythology. Every day brings a new adventure and will create memories to last a lifetime.
You will love
- Ultimate Australia from above
- The exclusivity of private plane travel
- Incredible list of highlights: Longreach, Katherine’s Gorge, Kakadu, Kimberley, Broome, Uluru, Lake Eyre and much more
- Cross 5 States of vast, epic landscapes
- Good old fashioned Outback hospitality
- Fabulous activities – from camel rides to river cruises
- Only available through The Classic Safari Company
TWO WEEKS OF EPIC TOURING
DAY 1 | SYDNEY - LONGREACH | 2 NIGHTS
DAY 2 | LONGREACH
DAY 3 | LONGREACH - KATHERINE | 2 NIGHTS
DAY 4 | KATHERINE EXCURSIONS
DAY 5 | KATHERINE - KAKADU | 2 NIGHTS
DAY 6 | KAKADU IMMERSION DAY
Immerse yourself in the pristine wilderness of Kakadu as you leisurely cruise up stream on the East Alligator River. An Indigenous guide provides us with an insight into the local aboriginal culture and mythology.
Accommodation: Cooinda Lodge, Kakadu
DAY 7 | KAKADU - KUNUNURRA | 2 NIGHTS
DAY 8 | KUNUNURRA & LAKE ARGYLE EXCURSIONS
DAY 9 | KUNUNURRA - BROOME | 1 NIGHT
DAY 10 | BROOME - RELAXATION
DAY 11 | BROOME - ULURU | 1 NIGHT
As our aircraft departs Kununurra we will fly over the Bungle Bungles in Purnululu National Park before heading down the west coast to Broome. Leisure time means we can explore this unique port, steeped in pearling history or take a stroll to Gantheaume Point – home of dinosaur footprints. A camel safari along the world famous Cable Beach is not to be missed, before experiencing the spectacular sunset over the brilliant turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
Accommodation: Sails in the Desert, Uluru
Flight Times: 5h20 – 3 flights – Flying from Broome to Balgo Hill (2h30) to refuel and then onto Ayers Rock – Uluru (2h30).
DAY 12 | ULURU - BIRDSVILLE | 1 NIGHT
An early start to witness the natural splendour of an Uluru sunrise. Our guide will share their knowledge as we drive around the superstar rock, stopping at waterholes and rock art. Our private aircraft will then fly us to a little oasis in the desert for lunch, The Mt Dare Hotel. Next stop is the iconic town of Birdsville, where our plane can taxi right up to the front door of the pub. Where else in the world can you do this? We will enjoy another amazing sunset at “Big Red” overlooking the Simpson Desert.
Accommodation: The Birdsville Hotel
Flight Times: 3h05 – 3 flights – Flying from Ayers Rock – Uluru to Mt Dare Station (1h40) to refuel and then onto Birdsville (1h35).
DAY 13 | BIRDSVILLE - WILLIAM CREEK | 1 NIGHT
This morning we will track south west through the Simpson Desert then take in the views of Kati Thanda-Lake Eyre on our way to the remote town of William Creek. Jump on board one of the Wrights Air planes to fly to the world’s largest cattle station, which is bigger than Belgium! Anna Creek Station is also home to the super model of the Outback, The Painted Hills. This flight gives us a unique and spectacular opportunity to view one of Australia’s hidden iconic landmarks with 30kms of sandstone formations, some curvy and soft, others tall and statuesque. The guided walk upon landing gives you the opportunity to truly appreciate the fragility of the landscape and perhaps even see some marine fossils. Enjoy true outback hospitality with drinks and dinner at the William Creek Hotel, on the famous Oodnadatta Track.
Accommodation: William Creek Hotel
Flight Times: 1h45 – 1 flight – Flying from Birdsville to William Creek.
DAY 14 | WILLIAM CREEK - SYDNEY
Enjoy more mesmerising images as we fly over Lake Eyre and The Marree Man. More stunning scenery as we pass over The Flinders Ranges and Lake Frome before arriving in the mining town of Broken Hill. We will enjoy our farewell lunch together in the “Silver City” before a relaxing last leg in the air on our return to Sydney.
Flight Times: 5h20 – 3 flights – Flying from William Creek over the Maree Man to Broken Hill (2h20) and then onto Griffith (1h54) and finally Bankstown (1h45)
This itinerary is based on our 14 day set departure, however private tailormade adventures are also available. Celebate in style for a big birthday, bucks weekend, family adventure, boys trip, girls trip or just because you deserve it!
This set departure itinerary may vary slightly should factors beyond our control arise.
NEED TO KNOW
Ultimate Outback Crusade Air Safari
14 Nights / 15 Days - 15-29 July 2023
14 Nights / 15 Days - 15-29 July 2023
AUD $22,990 PER PERSON SHARING | SINGLE SUPPLEMENT AUD $1,890
AUD $22,990 PER PERSON SHARING
SINGLE SUPPLEMENT AUD $1,890
START: BANKSTOWN AIRPORT, SYDNEY | Finish: BANKSTOWN AIRPORT, SYDNEY
Destinations : Lightning Ridge, Charleville, Longreach (Day 1 and 2), Katherine (Day 3 and 4), Kakadu (day 5 and 6), Kununurra (Day 7 and 8) (Bungle Bungles), Broome (Day 9 and 10), Uluru Day 11), Birdsville (Day 12), William Creek (day 13), Broken Hill, Bankstown (Day 14)
- Private chartered aircraft transportation, fuel & airport fees throughout
- Services of a qualified pilot/s and tour director
- All accommodation as listed in the itinerary – in twin share rooms (double beds on request and en suite is usually available, however cannot be guaranteed in all rooms in all properties)
- Excursions & activities as per the itinerary (and as detailed below)
- Services of qualified and/or indigenous guides on all excursions
- Private transportation provided to and from daily excursions & accommodation
- National Park Fees & Permits for daily excursions
- Bottled water onboard the aircraft
* Daily Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner. (Select wines are served with dinner)
For this tour, the evening meal highlights are:
– Dine under the stars at Thomson River, Longreach
– Stockman’s Bush Camp Tucker Dinner, Katherine
– The Pump House Restaurant, Kununurra
– Zanders, Cable Beach, Broome
– The acclaimed Sounds of Silence Dinner, Uluru
– Traditional pub dining at William Creek and Birdsville
- Transport to and from Bankstown Airport
- Additional food and beverages other than specified
- Accommodation upgrades
- Any additional or optional excursions and/or transfers other than specified
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance
- Items and/or purchases of a personal nature
- Any item not specified
Minimum – 10 travellers
Maximum – 11 travellers
CANCELLATION DUE TO COVID-19: If the air safari is cancelled due to Covid-19 Government imposed border restrictions, you have the option to receive a full refund or transfer your reservation to a future departure date. If you have to cancel your participation on an air safari due to your inability to enter NSW due to Government imposed travel restrictions, or you reside in a ‘locked down hotspot’, no refund is available; however 70% of the value of your confirmed air safari can be allocated toward a future air safari departure.
EXCURSIONS & ACTIVITIES : * Excursions: The included excursions on this tour are;
– Tour at the Qantas Founders Museum, Longreach
– Visit the legendary Stockman’s Hall of Fame, Longreach
– Sunset Cruise on Thomson River including dinner and show, Longreach
– Top Didj Indigenous Cultural Experience, Katherine
– Katherine Outback Experience – hands on Stockman’s Workshop
– Katherine River Gorge Cruise
– Cruise the Yellow Water Billabong, Kakadu
– East Alligator River Cruise, Kakadu
– Visit Argyle Homestead Museum
– Lake Argyle Cruise
– Camel Safari, Cable Beach, Broome
– Guided Sunrise tour of Uluru perimeter, including waterholes and rock art
– Toast the sunset at “Big Red”, the tallest sand dune in The Simpson Desert, with drinks and canapés, Birdsville
– Scenic flights in our own aircraft (weather permitting) over Lake Eyre, The Bungle Bungles, Uluru and Kata Tjuta.
* Accommodation: Accommodation venues are listed in the itinerary. Guests are accommodated in twin/double share rooms (bedding subject to request) A limited number of single rooms is also available. All rooms are air conditioned with a private ensuite, unless stated otherwise. Glamping at Katherine Outback Experience has shared bathroom facilities.
* Taxes & National Park Passes: All Air Transport taxes and National Park Passes are included for daily excursions.
* General: Guests will be accompanied by two experienced Outback by Air pilots.
Travel is in a privately chartered Cessna Grand Caravan turboprop aircraft. Capable of landing on gravel and remote airfields, where other aircraft cannot, the Cessna Grand Caravan is a fast, reliable machine ideal for flying in the Australian Outback. The aircraft is operated by our trusted partners Outback by Air who hold an Air Operators Certificate issued by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). All highly experienced Outback by Air pilots carry a Commercial Pilots License. The Cessna Grand Caravan is equipped with state-of-the-art avionics and impressive safety features. The interior is comfortable, climate controlled and has large windows, making inflight viewing a joy.
YOUR PILOTS & GUIDES
The Owners - Phil Hines & Glenn McGrath
Phil Hines (Founder & director) - Phil has been flying since 1990 and holds licences for both fixed wing and rotary aircraft as well as a commercial helicopter licence. He has flown multi engine charters, scheduled Regular Public Transport flights, and also has agricultural ratings in both aero plane and helicopters. Outback and bush flying has been a big part of his aviation history and he has placed second in the Royal Flying Doctor Service Outback Air Race - twice! There’s barely a patch of our great land he hasn’t seen from the air. Safe to say he knows his stuff. On top of all that he’s just a bloody good bloke – a cheerful ‘salt of the Earth’ type from a farming background with plenty of tales to tell. A great host!
Glenn McGrath (Partner) - Former international cricketer star and McGrath Foundation co-founder and president, Glenn McGrath is born and bred in country NSW and has always had a passion for the Australian Outback. By joining the team at Outback by Air, Glenn can combine his passion for flying and travel throughout The Australian Outback. He believes the iconic destinations we offer on our trips should be on everyone’s bucket list.
Outback By Air tours are operated by two experienced pilots who are there to take care of your entire journey through the Outback. From flying you to your destinations, to providing commentary, to taking you on ground tours, the crew provide the highest level of safety and customer service.
The team includes Phil Hines, Andrew Hines, Natalie Tierney, James Branch and Joseph Hallam. The crew have a combined total of over 50,000 flying hours and extensive experience flying throughout the Outback and across the globe, having flown a large range of aircraft and worked at major Airlines. They pride themselves on providing a professional, safe and enjoyable experience for the guests.